- Physical Therapy
- Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Hand Therapy
- Back & Neck Rehabilitation
- Foot & Ankle Therapy
- Fitness Programs
- Work Conditioning
- Job Site Analysis
- Massage Therapy
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
- Gait Analysis
- Balance/ Coordination Assessments
- Cardiovascular & Physical Fitness Testing
- Postural Screenings
- Pre-Employment Testing
- Ergonomic & Bio-Mechanical Assessments
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Isokinetic Joint Testing
- Joint Rehabilitation
- Dynamometry Strength Evaluations
- Theralase Cold Laser
- Health Related Outcome Measurements
- Back School Programs
- Nutritional Counseling
- Graston Technique (Certified)
- Kinesio Taping (Certified)
- Spinal Decompression
- UberHealth Transportation
LEADER IN RESEARCH BASED DOCUMENTATION:
Through the use of our documentation software, our highly trained clinical specialists provide services at a cost savings to employers, insurance companies, and our clientele. The advanced technology used by this software system allows our clinicians to input and collect pertinent data from various diagnostic tests and measurements to create the most objective, valid, reliable and accurate outcome reports. No other documentation system provides the custom capabilities in a research based format. Our documentation system provides the clinician with the ability to perform peer reviewed published protocols for the evaluation of mobility, strength, gait, balance, coordination, dexterity, sensation, physical fitness, work capacity, disability, and permanent impairment.
FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY EVALUATIONS
FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY EVALUATIONS
Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s current physical and functional capabilities. Outcomes of a FCE helps determine an individual’s ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job, as well as activities of daily living skills.
Purposes & Applications of the FCE?
- To determine the individual’s ability to safely return to work (full duty, light duty, modified duty or no work) as based on the Dictionary of Occupational Titles.
- To determine if work restrictions, job modifications, or reasonable accommodations are necessary to prevent further injury.
- To determine the extent to which impairments exist or the degree of physical disability.
- To predict the potential ability to perform work following acute rehabilitation or a work conditioning/hardening program.
What are the components of the FCE?
The Functional Capacity Evaluation assesses the individual’s lifting capacity (fig. 1), carrying capacity, push-pull (fig. 2), motor skills, hand activities (fig. 3), flexibility, balance, cardiovascular conditioning, gait, coordination, climbing stairs/ladders (fig. 4), sitting tolerance, standing tolerance and walking tolerance.
How long does it take for a FCE to be performed?
FCE’s are done on an intensive one-to-one basis and range in length from 2 to 6 hours.
Who performs the FCE?
Our Functional Capacity Evaluations are accurate, research-based, valid and are performed by a Licensed Physical Therapist who is certified in Functional Capacity Evaluations.
We welcome any inquires regarding our Functional Capacity Evaluation. Referrals are taken daily and can be scheduled within 24 hours. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a FCE, please contact us at (267) 639-2555.